Subtleties of choosing a travel bag, the best shapes and sizes for travel
The main purpose of Luggage backpacks, bags and suitcases are to provide the most comfortable transportation of things on the trip. The best travel bag is reliable and convenient so that it does not cause any alarms during transportation. With reliable and safe baggage placement, you will have less reason to be nervous when traveling.
Further in the article, we will examine the following questions: what are the main requirements for travel bags, types of bags, selection criteria (bag material, its shape, which wheels and handles are better, what should be the locks and other accessories for a travel bag), the advantages of suitcases and travel bags. In addition, several well-established brands of travel bags will be listed at the end of the article.
The amount of baggage for a single trip on a business trip or vacation and for a family trip differ several times. Different models of bags and suitcases can also be used. Whatever your travel plans, there are general requirements that must be met by convenient travel bags:
1. Compactness. Bags made of dense matter or with a rigid frame, having neat dimensions, are voluminous from the inside. With dimensions of 56 x 30 x 30 cm, the internal volume of such a road “container” is 50 l. , and this is comparable to the fuel tank of not the smallest car.
2. Durable material. If the fabric is not too good and strong even in appearance, this product can fail at any time. It can tear, get wet, especially if this bag is rented in Luggage. A bag made of thin fabric is a completely unnecessary and unjustified waste of money.
3. It is necessary to have not only internal but also external pockets. These additional pockets are very convenient to store small items that should always be at hand.
4. Shoulder strap. During the trip, the Luggage has to be carried periodically, and a comfortable belt over the shoulder at such times helps very well.
When you are planning a trip, you need to specify the allowed dimensions for hand Luggage. They may vary depending on the carrier company and the method of travel (air travel, train travel, car, motorcycle, or Bicycle travel). For different travel options, the size of the hand Luggage and Luggage bags may be different.
Types of travel bags
As already mentioned earlier, the choice of a bag depends largely on the number of things and on what kind of transport to go. Manufacturers, in pursuit of the buyer, try to provide the market with comfortable models for each situation. In any line there are elegant women’s and purely men’s travel bags:
1. A folding travel bag is a great option for traveling a short distance for one person or a couple with a small number of things. A small model of the simplest cut accommodates everything you need, and after traveling, it neatly folds into a wardrobe, taking up little space.
2. Organizer bag. This model has minimal dimensions. A place to accommodate the Essentials. In several compartments, a wallet, phone, and charger are neatly stacked-everything that is usually kept with you on a trip. It can have a loop for the wrist or a long handle on the shoulder.
3. Bag for traveling with a child. This bag should be small in size. Its capacity is achieved by having several external pockets. The compartment at the bottom of the bag is convenient to store diapers. Usually included with these bags are a Laundry bag and a diaper for changing clothes.
4. Large cloth bag. This is a favorite option for men traveling alone. A durable and roomy product over the shoulder – everything you need for a business trip or a single trip on vacation.
5. The suitcase on wheels is equipped with a light telescopic handle. Roll it is not difficult, and if desired, the handle is folded. Perhaps this is the best option for women’s travel bags. Even with a solid weight of Luggage Geneina will not bother straining under the heavy burden and look awkward.
6. Some travel accessories can turn into a backpack. Thanks to additional straps, heavy Luggage can be hung on the back instead of carrying it by hand.
It is desirable to have two or three different models of travel bags at home so that any trip is comfortable. The minimum set for travel enthusiasts is a large bag (or suitcase) on wheels with a metal handle, a textile bag with pockets, and an organizer. Hiking enthusiasts will not be able to do without a good backpack.
Criteria for choosing a travel bag
To ensure that the life of your travel bag does not end after the first trip, do not approach its choice lightly and irresponsibly. First, you need to make sure that the product is reliable. Special attention is recommended to pay to such criteria:
the quality of the material from which the bag is made;
number and size of compartments and pockets;
strength of straps, wheels, handles;
quality of zippers and control elements.
It is not superfluous to take into account when choosing a manufacturer. One bag of a well-known, proven brand can safely serve for several years. During the same period, you will have to change a few cheap products and experience a lot of inconveniences. Very questionable savings that can ruin your trip.
A travel bag made of textile is in great demand. Most often they are made of nylon and polyester. The density of the material is indicated by the letter D on the label. The optimal value is from 500 to 800 D. Great, if the fabric is waterproof, it can prevent various troubles.
Plastic suitcases on wheels are probably even more popular nowadays. In a compact suitcase, you can put a lot of clothes on the road, it will not crumble. Plastic suitcases are also very convenient for transporting Souvenirs. Unlike textiles, plastic protects against cuts and dents.
Leather travel bags are a prestigious but expensive travel accessory. It is much more rational to choose a good leatherette model. The skin gradually wears off from transportation, and you have to spend a considerable amount again to buy a new accessory. And now all over the world, there is a struggle for ecology and preservation of populations of various animals. Choosing a leatherette bag creates a positive image of its owner.
For long-distance trips, it is best to choose a light bag or suitcase. A heavy accessory will add not only a load on your hands but also extra pounds on the weight control.
If the carry-on bag is made of soft material and does not hold its shape well, this makes it difficult to access the necessary things. In a dense square or round organizer, you don’t have to dig around for charging or wipes. Even a soft bag should have a tight insert on the bottom. Otherwise, the fabric will SAG under the weight, and things will be complete chaos.
If a shapeless handbag is just an inconvenience, then there are strict requirements for a suitcase that is put in the Luggage. Airport staff is not always accurate, so things should be protected by a strong frame. The most convenient travel bags have the shape of a rectangular suitcase with convex rounded corners. The rigid frame does not deform during the transfer. In addition, in dense bulging bags, things will arrive smoothed, and fragile Souvenirs-intact.
Handles and wheels
Handles deserve special attention because they distribute the entire load. The strength of the attachment is important. You do not need to hesitate to check their reliability when choosing a travel bag. The straps should go all the way to the bottom and have a firmware along the entire length of the attachment.
The short auxiliary handle should extend slightly on the base and be stitched. It is good when all handles are additionally reinforced with a PVC tube. Shapeless hanging straps are sure to get dirty. If the suitcase is equipped with a telescopic handle, you need to look at how many sections it consists of. A device of two or more parts is not the most reliable.
The quality of the wheels is equally important. The best travel bag has four wheels made from a mixture of rubber and silicone. Two wheels are often installed on small items. But four is still preferable. First, the bag will be more stable and maneuverable. Secondly, if one support fails, the suitcase can still be rolled on three wheels.
Wheels made of hard plastic do not withstand intensive use. Fabric upholstery wears out quickly. Rubber-silicone wheels are the most comfortable and reliable. And the bag should not have adjacent axes, each wheel should rotate independently.
If possible, choose a model with wheels recessed into the body. In this way, manufacturers protect these important elements from breakage during manipulations at the airport and also reduces the size of the suitcase, which can be important if it is taken in hand Luggage.
Locks and fittings
Good quality zippers will help protect personal items during transportation. If the castle will spontaneously disperse, the passenger runs the risk of losing the contents when you receive the Luggage. A jamming lock is the cause of irritation. And replacing the zipper on such products is quite difficult and expensive. Therefore, when choosing a castle, it is necessary to take a closer look at it. The teeth should have a streamlined shape and not be too thin. You also need to check the strength of the attachment of the teeth to the braid. The fabric of the braid on the zipper should be dense.
You should test the lock-in operation and several times. If the slider moves easily, gently, and smoothly, it is more likely that the lightning will not fail.
For insurance, the bag should be wrapped in a plastic bag before delivery. So frequent travelers protect their favorite accessory from careless handling and things – from spilling. Instead of this method, you can use protective covers that are put on the suitcase.
During the flight, Luggage is left unattended for a long time by the owner, and the loss of things is not uncommon. The most reliable protection is a digital lock. But it is recommended to Supplement it with a hinged device. Such a bag is much more difficult to open, but the most valuable thing is still better to carry with you.
What is better to choose – a suitcase or a travel bag
It is impossible to make a clear choice between a suitcase and a Luggage bag. It all depends on the purpose and duration of the trip. A short business trip or bus ride for 2-3 days does not require large-scale fees. You can do with a textile bag with a handle over your shoulder. However, if you need a pressed suit on a business trip, it is better to prefer a compact suitcase. For long pedestrian crossings, the transformer model with straps on the back is ideal.
You can’t do without a suitcase on long journeys. Convenient separate compartments will neatly accommodate a week’s wardrobe, and there will still be room for gifts. Experienced tourists recommend packing clothes and shoes in a suitcase, and keeping essential items in a small travel bag with them. Thus, both accessories are necessary for a comfortable trip.
In family tours, one huge suitcase is better to prefer two compact ones. This will help you be more mobile. And by separating adult and children’s things, you can avoid the unnecessary fuss.
A proven brand increases the chances of a successful purchase at times, and a travel bag is no exception. A brand accessory is also an indicator of prestige. Truly comfortable and reliable models:
An accessory from a well-known brand is a good purchase, and sometimes a way to express yourself. A high-quality, well-chosen travel bag will become a reliable companion on numerous trips. And the intention to change it sooner than in a few years maybe a whim, not a real necessity.